On your first visit to Westside, we will greet you as you come in the door and ask you to sign our guest book and get a name tag. We have coffee, tea, and conversation from 9:30 - 9:55 am in the fellowship hall. At 9:55 am, everyone moves into the sanctuary for the 1st service. Adult forum begins at the same time as 1st service. The 1st service ends at 11:00, followed by coffee, tea and conversation from 11:00 - 11:25 am in the fellowship hall. Then the 2nd service begins at 11:30 am. Adult religious education begins at the same time as 2nd service. The 2nd service ends at 12:30, followed by coffee, tea and conversation from 12:30 - 12:50 pm in the fellowship hall.
Families with Children:
- When new children come to visit Westside, we will greet them and help them get a name tag. If they are interested in attending children’s religious education, we will sign them in. Many of our children come early and depending on the weather, play outside in our enclosed play area. We will introduce our visitors to the other children and give them a tour of the play area and the location of their Religious Education classrooms.
- Children join us in both services and are invited to either sit up front on cushions just for them, or sit with their adult(s). After about 20 minutes, we sing the children out to their classrooms. We would truly enjoy their presence in our classrooms, but visitors are welcome to stay with their parent/guardian in the service, wherever they will feel most comfortable.
- When the service is over, please come see what fun your kiddo was up to in the RE classroom, then join us for snacks and conversation. You will have to sign them out from their class. Many children go back outside to play after they have had a snack!
- NURSERY age children – Nursery care is available for 0-2 years of age during the whole 1st and 2nd service.
- Youth – Youth ages 13 to 18 are invited to join our Religious Education class of teenagers, who meet during the 2nd service. When they arrive, we will show them the location of the teen classroom and introduce them to the teens present that day. However, they are welcome to attend the worship service instead.
Westside UU Church
901 Page Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas 76110